Friday, August 28, 2009

Lawrence and Joyce Barber

Hello Everyone
Joyce and I are in Twin Falls and have been for close to 30 years, me working for Culligan and Joyce for Barnes and Noble. We have five grandchildren and at least another seven that have adopted us somehow. I don't know how that happened but since I can't outrun them anymore, I guess I am stuck with all of them. We just celebrated our 37th anniversary a few days ago. Doesn't hardly seem possible, married 37 years and 40 years since high school. Crap, we are old. I thought I would never live to see 35, but good plans always get fouled up.
A funny thing happened when we turned fifty. After I had two motorcycle wrecks in 1971 and 1981, Joyce, who had never been on a road bike suggested we buy one. Well, now we have two touring bikes and a trike and I am the chapter president and state chair of the Idaho Motorcycle Club. We spend all of our time riding and preparing for the next one. She is even more avid about biking than I am. We have traveled all over the West from Mexico to Canada and biker camping is our favorite pastime.
These pictures are of me fishing with two of my grandchildren, Joyce and one of our bikes and me with a little friend of mine at Camp Rainbow Gold (my favorite ride).
I hope we have a great turn out at the reunion. It has been so long since we have been together. Joyce and I are looking forward to seeing everyone, but I just wish I could still golf.
Lawrence and Joyce Barber
P.S. Jeff, I wish you could be at the reunion, but have fun in Russia. I am glad you were finally about to get married. I wish you the best. Send us picks to your trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good to hear about you, Lawrence. Phil and I will be at the reunion with Marla and hopefully Rick, too. We will only make the Pizza night so hope you are there, too.

    ReplyDelete